Most frequent questions and answers
– Applying with us is so easy. We have 2 easy steps you need to do.
1. Go to JOBS and click where your experience are good fit either HOTEL JOBS or GALLEY JOBS. All positions on our website have a Job Description. Just CLICK-READ-FILLUP & APPLY!
2. Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the rest.
It is very important to write down your working experience chronologically starting with your last job. That will help the recruiters get a sense of your career so far and where you would like to work.
Have in mind that CV application is very important as it is the first impression that recruiters have of a candidate
Big YES! As long as the two of you have a related experience in the position you are applying for, we are happy to bring you both to Cruise Ship. Regarding the cabin? Yes, you two can stay together then
- Filling in the application
- Our recruiters will review your profile – if you are a good fit for some position, the next step is:
- Sending your CV to the potential employer – note that sometimes the employer you are interested in doesn’t take applications at the moment so maybe you will have to wait for your application to be sent.
- Interview with the employer – if the employer is interested in your CV they will ask for an interview to be scheduled. Interview can be via Skype or face-to-face, depending on the employer.
- Getting a contract – if the employer is satisfied with the interview and if there is an open position for you, employer will offer you a contract.
- Obtaining work visa – some candidates have to get a work visa. Duration of this process depends on the embassy.
- Joining your company and first day of work!
Get informed about business and the company’s policy for the position you are applying. All necessary information is available on the official website of a company but you can also find it through some friends, business partners, seminars, workshops, etc.
Try to compose your CV so that it does not sound unrealistic but is consistent with your age, education and experience. So, avoid lying in a resume, as it would be revealed sooner or later. Try to emphasize your strengths and abilities.
5 Tips you should follow before you go and during your interview for a new job:
- Try to be there on time, get up earlier and get ready without stress and hurry. If you have a Skype interview then you MUST check: your internet connection (if it is not the best go to your friend’s or to a internet café because you do not want to fail your interview due to the bad connection), make sure your camera works properly (the recruiter has to be sure that he/she is speaking with real candidate), check your profile photo and message on skype profile, it must not contain offensive or in appropriate content.
- Dress yourselves appropriate, without any striking details and eccentric hairstyles and makeup. (if the interview is for a job in the field of art, then a dose of eccentricity is desirable)
- Try to look focused, not haggard and indecisive. If you think that you do not have a clear image of what you want to do and in which areas you will be the best, or if you are not in the position to choose, do not let it be obvious.
- Do not speak ill of your previous employer. None of your prospective employers want to hear that, because that means that they can be found in the same position.
- Be calm, but not too much, try to find a golden middle, you should not seem neither too tense nor too relaxed. Try to look interested, not passive. Try to ask logical and sensible questions, but only when the recruiter finishes with questions.
Do not forget that the interview assesses not only your knowledge, but also your behavior, attitude, demeanor, manner of communication and appreciation of the recruiters. All of this is included into the final decision, will you go into the next round of selection and reach the goal or not!
These are just some of useful advices, which we are hoping will help you to get a job. Think positively, work on yourself, be informed about everything and be persistent.
It depends mainly on your professional and language knowledge. It can happen we can place you very quickly but in some cases you have to wait couple of months. When you apply, we will tell you your placement chances.
Yes! The cabin is free and it is a sharing cabin with one or two of your colleagues. Foods are provided every day, three times (3) a day to be specific with snacks! The company ensures the comfortability of the workers.
Perfect question! In this kind of industry weekly day off is rarely applicable. But what’s a good thing? Onboard river cruises every month you are entitled to 4 days off and it is a generated off. Meaning, that after 3 months you can use your 12-day off, and straight off with your family and loved ones!
Initially, you need to pay for your transportation but the good news is, you can refund it after the end of your contract but there is just a specific amount that the company will cover, it depends on every cruise company.
Yes, don’t worry you are in good hands! We only work with reputable cruise companies. On the first day of your work you are insured until the last day of your contract.
While on board, all crew are medically covered and can visit the Medical Clinic onboard (in ocean cruises) and the nearest one on river cruises for health concerns. If you need to be medically disembarked during your contract, this matter is to be arranged accordingly.
A basic english level is always preferible as it is usually the main language onboard. In some specific cases you will need other specific languages like German, French or Spanish but not English.
Yes, we are legit agency for cruise ship companies. We are a sister company of Studio 16 Entertainment where we are providing musicians to different cruise ship companies all over the world. To know more about us visit our website at www.loreleycrew.com and visit our social media accounts @loreleycrewagency (facebook|IG|LinkedIn)
We are happy if you share your #happymoments with #teamloreley via Social Media. You can share it with us as well and we can feature you on our Social Media pages. However, there is a social media policy to be adhered to that the Cruise Company will discuss during orientation like some areas which are not allowed to be posted on Social Media.